Minnesota Senator Carla Nelson (R-Rochester) today issued the following statement in response to Gov. Walz relaxing Covid business restrictions.
“I appreciate the governor’s willingness to relax some Covid restrictions but I remain concerned about the state’s health and economic pandemic response. A focused protection effort and broad prevention efforts instead of one-size-fits-all policies should have been our strategy all along, and remain the best direction going forward.”
Executive Order 21-07, effective Saturday, February 13 at noon, takes the following steps:
- Increases the “not to exceed” capacity in restaurants to 250, while leaving the maximum capacity at 50 percent
- Increases indoor entertainment “not to exceed” capacity to 250, while leaving the maximum capacity at 25 percent
- Increases private events and celebrations “not to exceed” capacity to 50, while leaving the maximum capacity at 25 percent
- Increases gym and pool “not to exceed” capacity to 250, while leaving maximum capacity at 25 percent, and reducing distancing requirement to 6 feet.
- Allows restaurants to stay open until 11 p.m.